Investing in Moon Gate Hotel & Spa, Antigua
As Antigua and Barbuda’s newest Citizen by Investment Programme (CIP) approved development, Moon Gate allows the investor applicant the opportunity to obtain Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship through the purchase of competitively priced, freehold property that is a sound investment, in a beautiful location.
- Visa free access to over 150 countries
- No restrictions on dual nationality
- Decision is rendered in 90 days
- Member of the British Commonwealth
- Progressive, stable and multi-cultural democracy
- Well established legal and regulatory framework
- Government is committed to success and works with inward investors and applicants
- Favorable tax regime with no tax on worldwide income, inheritance, capital gains or investment returns.
- Stable currency pegged EC $2.70 to US $1.
Moon Gate Citizenship by Investment Benefits
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) has some of the most diverse options through which individuals can apply for citizenship. Here are a few of the captivating benefits.
Four CIP Investment Options:
1. National Development Fund
2. University of the West Indies Fund
3. Real Estate Investment
4. Business Investment
Excellent For Families:
The Antigua and Barbuda CIP is a flexible program specifically built to give lifetime citizenship to family members and children.
Attractive Taxation Benefits:
No taxes levied on worldwide income, inheritance/gift tax, capital gains tax or tax on investment returns.
Freedom of Movement:
Visa-free travel to over 150 countries including, EU Schengen area and UK. Including free movement throughout the Caribbean CARICOM countries.
Exceptional Real Estate:
Antigua and Barbuda is the ultimate Caribbean luxury real estate and lifestyle destination, which offers distinctive approved development and project areas for CIP investment.
Dual Citizenship Recognised:
Antigua and Barbuda recognises dual citizenship, no need to give up your current citizenship.
Moon Gate Citizenship by Investment Highlights
- Moon Gate is a 49-suite hotel & spa featuring a centralized clubhouse, cocktail bar & lounge, a dedicated a la carte restaurant, wellness spa, and community infinity pools.
- The luxury suite hotel & spa is located at Half Moon Bay, just a two-minute walk away from one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean
- Desirable hotel Investment in an excellent location near world-class beach, resort and a national park
- Optional income-producing rental program, offering turn-key solutions for investors
- Freehold real estate investment with single title deed over all real estate purchases
- Investment can be made jointly by two investors, qualifying two families for the CIP
- All 49 suites are climate controlled, fully furnished and come with access to a wide range of entrainment options and services.
- There are three options of suites available, The Standard Suite, The Premium Suite with Plunge Pool and the One Bedroom Penthouse Suite with Plunge Pool.
- Professionally managed and maintained by the developer and hotel management company.
- Streamlined purchase and CIP application process.
- Buyers will obtain their Antigua & Barbuda passport in three to six months.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme
Considered one of the premier Caribbean destinations, the twin island state of Antigua and Barbuda harmonises traditional Caribbean charm with first world services. Known for its 365 pristine beaches and secluded stretches of frilled coastline, the island enjoys cutting edge financial services and advanced communications infrastructure that sets it apart from other destinations that offer similar Citizenship by Investment services.
National Development Fund (NDF)
The NDF is a non-profit foundation established for the purpose of, inter alia, supporting enterprises develop significant innovations through the provision of long term committed share capital, public/private partnerships, specific governmental projects and from time to time, charitable investments in non-profit organisations which deliver services in healthcare, education, environmental management, youth development or the promotion of sport and culture.
Acquisition of citizenship under the National Development Fund (NDF) requires a one-time contribution to the development fund. Applications under this option are required to make a contribution of USD$100,000 if the application is for a single person or a family of up to four persons or USD$125,000 if the application is for a family of five persons or more.
Real Estate Investment
To qualify for citizenship under the real estate option, the government requires applicants to make an investment in the designated, officially approved real estate with a value of at least USD$200,000. The real estate needs to be held in ownership for a period of 5 years. The application for citizenship by investment option can be submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) when a binding purchase and sale agreement has been signed with the developer of an approved project, which will be subject to the granting of the citizenship application. Applicants will have 30 days from the approval notification to complete full payment to the vendor along with all required disbursements to enable Title to be registered in the applicant’s name.
Business Investment Options
The Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) shall after consultation with the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA) approve businesses, whether existing or proposed, for the purpose of investment in business under the Citizenship by Investment Programme. Where a person proposes to make an investment in an approved business of at least USD$1,500,000 on their own behalf.
At least two persons propose to make a joint investment in such an approved business totalling at least USD$5,000,000 , and each of those persons individually propose to contribute at least USD4400,000 to the joint investment an application or application for Citizenship by Investment may be submitted on his, her or their behalf through an agent.
University of the West Indies Fund
The University of the West Indies Fund (UWI) option is a mechanism for financing UWI’s fourth landed campus. Applicants to the Citizenship by Investment Programme who choose this option will be required to make an investment of USD$150,000 for a family of six (6) or more (i.e. minimum number of persons per application is 6). Participation in the option will entitle one member of the family to a one year tuition only, scholarship at the University of the West Indies.